skip to Main Content

We help individuals, families, and businesses build what they envision, protect what they build, and rebuild in difficult times.

In the News
New Survey Shows Fewer Last Wills And Testaments

This year’s estate planning survey reveals a concerning trend. The number of people with a last will and testament has decreased by 24% since 2017.  Only 32% of people surveyed have a last will and testament. If you are part of the other 68%, don’t wait another day. Contact us to see how easy and inexpensive the process is to create your last will and testament.

  • Yes
  • No
CDC Announces Eviction Moratorium

On September 4, 2020 the Center for Disease Control and Prevention issued an order limiting landlords in evicting some tenants. It is important to understand that this is not a broad prohibition of all evictions. It only applies to limited tenant circumstances. We have now had the issue raised in a number of evictions. Our firm has reviewed the regulations and developed a process for determining if it does or does not apply to our clients and for protecting landlords against improper claims. Are you a landlord with a tenant in default? Contact us to learn more about how to navigate the eviction process in light of these new rules.

Kick & Gilman voted Ashland Times-Gazette Best of the Best Finalist

We would like to thank our many clients and members of the community who nominated and voted for us for the Ashland Times-Gazette Best of the Best award for local law firm. It was an honor to receive your support. Thank you.

The client experience you want and deserve.

Convenient Access

With offices in Ashland and Loudonville, we are easily accessible for meetings and the logistical needs of our clients.

Where You Are

Don’t have time for in-office meetings? No problem. We have solutions for you. We offer video conferences, telephone conferences, text messaging, and email to meet your legal needs where you are. Learn more here.

Transparent Billing

With many services provided on a flat-fee basis, itemized time-keeping/billing, and a willingness to answer your billing questions, you can make informed decisions in your legal service investment.

Client Documents

We seek to provide the best communication and most efficient services we can. These forms are designed to assist in those efforts and provide you with a better client experience.

Client Confidentiality

We recognize the vital importance of confidentiality in the attorney-client relationship. Our clients’ legal matters and personal information are kept strictly confidential.


This site is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. This information does not create a lawyer-client relationship. You should consult a lawyer for individual advice regarding your situation.

What our clients are saying

“First comes thought, then organization of that thought into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality.”

– Napoleon Hill

Recent Posts

The latest comments from the Kick & Gilman team.

Larry King estate shows why you probably shouldn’t make your own last will and testament

A short time before his death, Larry King attempted to update his estate plan without the assistance of…

Things to remember when your 1099s arrive

It is the time of year you may be receiving 1099s. Here are a couple of things to…

Bankruptcy Court Calling? Be Careful!

There is a new scam in town, that involves “spoofing.” This is where scammers call you and have…

Why wait? Contact us today to get the answers you need.

Ashland Office:

245 Sandusky Street, Ashland, Ohio 44805


Loudonville Office:

133 South Market Street, Loudonville, Ohio 44842


Back To Top